Philippeans 4:13

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me"

Friday, June 27, 2014

Bootcamp in the park



Well when it comes to exercising, I consider myself to have been a yo-yo exerciser (if there is such a thing).  I have always been a fairly active person but believe my problem was I got bored after a couple months.  I would join a gym for a few months then stop, tried yoga, moved onto jazzercise then stopped, returned back to gym many times, then do absolutely nothing & hit running on the road for a couple months cause I felt guilty and fat just sitting around doing nothing! So yo-yoing is the right word to use, as this went on for years and years.  My mind would always be confused with what I should or wanted to be doing, as I was never getting the results I was setting out to achieve.  I now believe the reason is because I never stuck to one form of workout and really enjoyed it.
By complete chance, when I dropped my massage business cards off, with Sarah Russell, at Boot Camp in the park, I finally found what I have been searching for all these years.
This has been my breakthrough, not only am I seeing results in my weight and conditioning but I'm thoroughly enjoying it and am moving into my 6th month now.  I am even able to double up on classes now or go for a run as a second workout for the day.
I believe the biggest reason I go back everyday (5 times a week normally) is not only are the workouts different and challenging every day but its outdoors amongst the trees.  I believe working outdoors revitalizes me and increases my energy with the fresh air and been amongst the birds and the bees - so to say.  Even though the workouts are a lot of the time intense you just get a sense of determination and extra energy to be able to push yourself and get a overall feeling of satisfaction after your workout.  The environment each day is also slightly different where boot camp takes place, some days are windier or more humid than others so its always a little challenging when the weather is a little different. Breathing in fresh air (oxygen) just seems to give you extra energy you need to engage in a more intense workout which results in burning  more calories,  improvement in overall fitness and been generally more energized for the day.
Sarah offers one free workout trial, so we would love to have you come out and try her amazing boot camp classes.
I will be posting my fitness journey and any challenges I have in my blog and hope it motivates and encourages readers, no matter your age or size, to get up and get going with me.  Feel free to ask any questions or give me advice on what you have experienced or learnt, we are all here to help and push each other along a healthier and fitter path.
DON'T GIVE UP until you find what works for you cause it's then that you will find enjoyment, and get to where you want to be!
Namaste



0 comments:

Post a Comment